29 - 30 January, 2020
Hotel Palace, Berlin
+ 44 (0) 207 368 9465
Conference day one – Wednesday 30 January 2019
8:00 am - 8:45 am Registration and welcome coffee
Driving your Industry 4.0 Projects Forward
8:45 am - 8:50 am Opening remarks – Letitia Thomas, Programme Director, WBR
9:00 am - 9:20 am OPENING KEYNOTE Manufacturing 2040: How to work with and act on data and embrace technology to stay ahead of the curve and drive your industry 4.0 projectsPaul Mairl - Chief Digital Officer, GKN
· How can the use of data accelerate manufacturing into the future?
· How can your team be trained to identify and act on ALL data efficiently?
· How can the use of data and technology help you stay ahead of your competition?
· What does the future of manufacturing look like in your company?
Paul MairlChief Digital Officer
9:20 am - 10:00 am FIRESIDE CHAT Harnessing the ‘digital twin’: How can cyber security best practice be improved and shared in a connected world to create a safe and digitally secure manufacturing organisation?Curtis Carson - Head of Engineering Process, Methods, Tools, Performance and Improvement, Airbus
· How can a digital twin provide consistency of data?
· How can you digitalise your supply chain into the factory?
· Information available everywhere and anywhere
· What new business models need to be generated around manufacturing?
Curtis CarsonHead of Engineering Process, Methods, Tools, Performance and Improvement
9:40 am - 10:00 am KEYNOTE ADDRESS Successfully applying advanced data analytics across your manufacturing processes: How to prepare your workforce to manage and contextualise dataLloyd Colegrove - Director Data Services & Analytics Manufacturing, The Dow Chemical Company
· How can data analytics help your team put data into context before use?
· How can understanding data help manufacturing processes?
· How can you use data analytics to support the challenge of change?
· What data analytics do you need in your business?
Lloyd ColegroveDirector Data Services & Analytics Manufacturing
The Dow Chemical Company
10:00 am - 10:40 am Networking Break
Igniting Connectivity & IIoT
10:40 am - 11:20 am CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE Your Digital Transformation: How can you drive cultural change in your business to create a digital and connected manufacturing operation?Richard Allbert - Head of Digital Innovation, Pirelli
· How can digitalisation transform your business processes?
· How can digitalisation help different teams work together, transform and integrate?
· Combination of technology and organisation change
· What different teams are needed to achieve this?
Richard AllbertHead of Digital Innovation
11:40 am - 12:00 pm PRESENTATION Cultural Change: How to use digitalisation to bring together your teams, gather the right data and optimise your manufacturing processes?Heiko Witte - Head of Engineering Improvement, Rolls Royce
12:00 pm - 12:40 pm ALL STAR PANEL Smart Mobile Devices: How can you connect manufacturing equipment connected devices to gain real time analytics and optimise your processes?Sibylle Büttner - Plant Director, Continental Jens Schmidt - Global Technology Director, The Dow Chemical Company Juha Pankakoski - Executive Vice President, Konecranes Marco Bijvelds - VP Product Management International, KORE Wireless
· How can linking equipment improve your production line?
· How can you connect your manufacturing equipment?
· How can your team wearing smart devices help real time issues?
· How can you assemble smart technologies to deliver this?
Sibylle BüttnerPlant Director
Jens SchmidtGlobal Technology Director
The Dow Chemical Company
Juha PankakoskiExecutive Vice President
Marco BijveldsVP Product Management International
12:40 pm - 1:50 pm Networking lunch
12:40 pm - 1:50 pm BELCAN & ALLEGIANT MASTERCLASS How to deal with complex supply chain disruptions to achieve better speed and precision
- Managed Response Teams – Supply Chain
- Speed and Precision
- Global Network of 1,200 advisors
- Tooling / Asset Management & Transfers
- Process Improvement
TRACK A – Driving Organisational Transformation1:50 pm - 1:55 pm Chair’s opening remarks
TRACK A – Driving Organisational Transformation1:55 pm - 2:15 pm PRESENTATION Organisational Change: How can you transform your people, leadership and culture to mobilize commitment and enhance interconnectivity? Matthew Stockwin - Manufacturing Director Europe, Coats Group
TRACK A – Driving Organisational Transformation2:15 pm - 2:55 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE How can you create opportunities for your workforce and ensure they are at the forefront of your Industry 4.0 strategy to achieve agility and flexibility in your operations? Ilker Kalali - Head of Industrial Engineering & Manufacturing System, Pirelli
· How can you create more business opportunities for your staff
· How can Ops Tech and Info Tech create a unionised approach?
· How can you demonstrate the benefit of industry 4.0 to your team?
· What roles are integral for humans to complete?
· How to get buy in for your Industry 4.0 strategy
Ilker KalaliHead of Industrial Engineering & Manufacturing System
TRACK B – Exploiting New Frontiers in MES & Digitalisation1:55 pm - 2:15 pm PRESENTATION Lean meets Industry 4.0: How can you use Value Stream Mapping to digitally improve production processes, apply analysis and fine-tune principles? Sibylle Büttner - Plant Director, Continental
· How can you use Value Stream Mapping for your production process?
· How can you apply analysis in combination of digitalisation to improve your processes?
· How can this be used to eliminate transportation, storage, production schedule etc?
· What effect does this have on manufacturing processes?
Sibylle BüttnerPlant Director
TRACK B – Exploiting New Frontiers in MES & Digitalisation2:15 pm - 2:55 pm ALL STAR PANEL Smart Automation: How can you best use MES software with an IIoT initiative to better handle the data extracted from machines and optimise efficiency in your manufacturing processes? Olaf Sauer - Researcher, Fraunhofer Institute Josef Kriegmair - Representative Production, MTU Aero Engines Alessandro Chimera - Manufacturing Industry Consultant and Technology Evangelist, TIBCO
· How can you utilise machine to machine technology?
· How is the information being treated/used?
· How can people learn from the data?
· Where can MES software be used?
Josef KriegmairRepresentative Production
MTU Aero Engines
Alessandro ChimeraManufacturing Industry Consultant and Technology Evangelist
CREATIVE BOARDROOM – Starting your Industry 4.0 Journey Right1:50 pm - 2:55 pm Agile dynamic talent: How can you identify, source and recruit the right talent to support your Industry 4.0 projects? Kalman Tiboldi - Chief Business Innovation Officer, TVH
2:55 pm - 3:35 pm Afternoon networking break
TRACK A – Driving Organisational Transformation3:35 pm - 4:05 pm ALL STAR PANEL Ops Tech-Info Tech Collaboration and succeeding at change management: How can you transform your organisational set-up to deliver a joined-up approach to smart manufacturing? Dr. Sama Mbang - Head Digitalisation – Simulation Manufacturing Load Cases, Daimler Alexis Kydonopoulos - Manager SHE & Continuous Improvement, Beiersdorf Christian Haupt - Head of Business Development Technology, Staedtler
· How can you ensure communication between your Ops Tech and Info Tech teams to be forward thinking?
· How to look at cross segment and cross department changes
· Where do change management and measurements of achievement become important
· Change management as a key challenger for most companies
Dr. Sama MbangHead Digitalisation – Simulation Manufacturing Load Cases
Alexis KydonopoulosManager SHE & Continuous Improvement
Christian HauptHead of Business Development Technology
TRACK A – Driving Organisational Transformation4:05 pm - 4:25 pm PRESENTATION Industry 4.0 Transformation: How to streamline your processes to build on lean manufacturing principles and make your Industry 4.0 goals a reality
TRACK B – Exploiting New Frontiers in MES & Digitalisation3:35 pm - 4:05 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE Data Focus: How to best use your existing data and apply new data analytics to spot new opportunities for improving performance across your production line Steffen Fischer - Manager Advanced Manufacturing, John Deere
· How can you analyse data to make your production environment and business environment more joined up?
· How can data be streamlined?
· How can data analytics help the efficiency in your production?
· Flexibility of your team and environment
Steffen FischerManager Advanced Manufacturing
TRACK B – Exploiting New Frontiers in MES & Digitalisation4:05 pm - 4:25 pm PRESENTATION How can you build on your legacy systems and implement the right automated systems and IIOT capabilities to achieve transparency and connectivity in your future “Industry 4.0 Plant”?
4:25 pm - 4:30 pm Transition time
4:30 pm - 4:50 pm CLOSING KEYNOTE PRESENTATION The Charter of Trust: How to share cyber security best practice in a connected world to create safe and digitally secure manufacturing for the future?Simon Bradley - Global Head of Cyber Detection Service, Siemens
· How can cyber security be improved in supply chain/manufacturing across industries?
· How to enable your manufacturing in a connected world
· How can cyber security help create a safe and digitally secure world?
· Why is this important?
· Fundamental principles
Simon BradleyGlobal Head of Cyber Detection Service
4:50 pm - 5:30 pm TECHNOLOGY DRAGONS’ DEN Get a sneak peek into the most innovative technology offerings to see how they can help solve some of your biggest Industry 4.0 pain pointsUwe Kueppers - Chairman MESA Sebastian Ritz - CEO, German Edge Cloud Robin P. G. Tech - Co-founder and Managing Director, AtomLeap Kristian Raue - CEO & Founder, Cedalo AG Thomas Kirchner - CEO, ProGlove
Join our smart manufacturing dragons during this exciting ‘Dragons Den’ style session, where you will hear from four new and innovative start-up technology firms as they present their offerings in a bid to win first place. Listen up as the dragons’ review the technologies’ benefits to your business, predict their future success and deliver their verdicts. The ultimate decision is in your hands though, as the audience get to vote for their favourite. Will you find the next big thing?
German Edge Cloud
Robin P. G. TechCo-founder and Managing Director
Kristian RaueCEO & Founder